Goals & Objectives for 2009
Wednesday, 22 October 2008 11:28
During the IEZA's 2008 Annual Board Retreat (October 16 – 17, 2008), the Board approved the following Goals & Objectives for 2009:
GOAL I: Continue to improve communications and record keeping with all individuals, governments, organizations and businesses involved in the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program.
- Objective: Produce electronic IEZA Newsletters
- Objective: Utilize outside resources to continue the education of Zone Administrators.
- Objective: Maintain and update IEZA Web Site.
- Objective: Maintain centralized comprehensive mailing lists for membership information, conferences and newsletters. Integrate with online IEZA Web Site.
- Objective: Create web-based IEZA electronic information distribution system for rapid dissemination of critical zone related information.
GOAL II: Continue to broaden awareness of the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program through cooperative efforts with other Economic Development organizations.
- Objective: Link IEZA web site to web sites of IEZA members, DCEO, IDC, ITIA and other Enterprise Zone application-related sites (examples: AG Review, Gas Use Tax Exemption, etc.).
- Objective: Post all conference presentations on the IEZA website.
GOAL III: Continue to increase membership of Zone Administrators and other business categories.
- Objective: Maintain contact with each zone administrator by mail and electronic means.
- Objective: Conduct ongoing retention and recruitment efforts.
- Objective: Contact certified businesses and professional member candidates.
GOAL IV: Remain active in the enterprise zone legislative process.
- Objective: Monitor and inform members of legislation affecting zones.
- Objective: Initiate Illinois Enterprise Zone Termination Date Extension legislation.
- Objective: Analyze and track policies for impacts and effects on the Illinois Enterprise
Zone Act and regulations.
- Objective: Poll IEZA members to assist in determining if positions should be taken on
- Objective: Contact legislators regarding IEZA's positions on legislation and encourage
members to make individual contacts.
GOAL V: Educate zone administrators.
- Objective: Provide continuing education for members through workshops, conferences
and web-based content..
- Objective: Conduct survey(s) related to IEZA and member needs.
GOAL VI: Improve assessment of successful investment and job creation that utilizes Illinois Enterprise Zone incentives and programs.
Download 2009 Goals & Objectives 19.00 Kb
- Objective: Examine data collection methods and devise reporting methodologies to better
reflect Illinois Enterprise Zone economic impacts at the local, regional and statewide