The IEZA board has drafted it goals and objectives for 2006.
GOAL I: Continue to improve communications and record keeping with all individuals, governments, organizations and businesses involved in the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program.
- Objective: Update and approve IEZA By-Laws. Objective: Produce Three Newsletters.
- Objective: Continue the education of Zone Administrators/educators/school board members on the effect of enterprise zone abatements on general state aid.
- Objective: Continue updating and maintain IEZA Web Site.
- Objective: Maintain and centralize comprehensive mailing lists for membership solicitations, conferences and newsletters.
- Objective: To purchase digital camera for newsletter photos
GOAL II: Continue to broaden awareness of the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program through cooperative efforts with other Economic Development organizations.
- Objective: Continue to coordinate conferences with other ED organizations to avoid conflicts.
- Objective: Link IEZA Web Site to Web Sites of IEZA members, DCEO, IDC and ITIA.Â
GOAL III: Increase membership of Zone Administrators and other business categories.
- Objective: Maintain contact with each zone administrator by mail. Objective: Continue contact with nonmembers by phone or other means.
- Objective: Continue contacting certified businesses and candidates for professional membership by mail.
- Objective: Encourage IEZA members to contact potential certified businesses and other potential members in their area by phone or in person.Â
GOAL IV: Remain active in legislation affecting zones.
- Objective: Monitor and inform members of all legislation affecting zones.
- Objective: Poll IEZA Board members to determine if a position should be taken on individual legislation.
- Objective: Contact legislators regarding IEZAâs position on legislation and encourage members to make individual contact.
GOAL V: Educate new zone administrators.
- Objective: Provide continuing education for members through two workshops/ conferences.
GOAL VI: Promote and hi-lite successful business investment with Illinois Enterprise Zones.
- Objective: Expand mailing of IEZA newsletter and press releases to all State Agencies.Â